Sunday, February 13, 2011

DAY 24: OCT 29 CALZADILLA DE LA TERRA TO MOMBUEY (24 KM) 34,066 STEPS

It was several degrees below freezing when I left at 8 AM. The bar wasn't open leaving me a 17 kilometer walk to where I could get something hot to eat and drink. Although there was no wind to start a stiff breeze soon blew up from the west, directly in my face. Once again I was wearing virtually every bit of clothing that I had. I was still cold.

Below the dam at the Embalse de Agavanzal.

The entrance to the tiny village of Villar de Farfon

Upon arrival at the albergue in Mombuey I found it populated by two Spanish cyclists who had just stopped for lunch. At least I didn't have to go through the usual painful process of getting the key for the albergue. They mentioned that they had passed two peregrinos just outside Tabara......likely Angel and Franck, I thought.

There was internet availability at a local girls' college that allowed me to send and receive a few messages despite the incredibly slow connection. Beggars can't be choosers.

Later another Spanish cyclist arrived at the albergue. It was nice to have some company but I didn't have a clue as to what he was saying and vice versa.

The albergue at Mombuey
   


No comments: