Sunday, February 13, 2011

DAY 33: NOV 7 OSEIRA TO A LAXE (29 KM) 45,295 STEPS

It rained throughout the night but by the morning it had subsided to a light drizzle. There is a steep climb as you leave the monastery. At a vantage point I took a last couple of photos of the monastery. It is so huge that I had to take two photos to capture the whole complex


The walk was quite pleasant as the trail wound its way through a pastoral setting.

An interesting marker along the highway

After leaving Castro Dozon where I had breakfast at a bar, I realized that I must have missed a marker along the highway. I decided that I would continue along the highway rather than go back. Ultimately, with some difficulty and with the help of a local citizen I found the Camino some 15 kilometers down the road. It also added about five kilometers to the days walk.

The hot shower at the very large, new and modern albergue in A Laxe revitalized me.

The main entrance to the albergue in A Laxe


   The main lounge

The kitchen

No comments: