Sunday, February 13, 2011

DAY 30: NOV 4 XUNQUEIRA DE AMBIA TO OURENSE (22 KM) 31,867 STEPS

It was raining hard when I got up. A miserable day loomed in front of me.

Federico had already left at 07:00 but I lingered in the hope that the rain would let up but no such luck. I finally left at 09:00 and walked the 22 kilometers in pouring rain to Ourense without stopping.


The San Francisco convent in Ourense

The very modern albergue is in an old restored building, the Convento de San Francisco. I met Barthalomew from Belgium there. He had been there for a few days recovering from the flu. Shortly thereafter the hospitalero arrived and he agreed to let me stay for an extra day given that there were only two of us and 40 beds available. There was no sign of Federico who had obviously ploughed ahead.

I was looking forward to my day of rest and exploration the following day.

No comments: